Artificial Grass Fields in Miami, FL
The Benefits of Artificial Turf Play Fields
It?s no secret, natural grass simply cannot remain as lush and resilient as an artificial turf field. We at Cricket Turf provide a wide variety of artificial options for your needs. Here are a few of the benefits in choosing artificial turf fields over natural grass:
- Water savings ? A typical artificial turf field requires 500,000 and 1 million gallons of water per year and every square meter of natural grass replaced with artificial turf saves 2,200 gallons a year.
- Reduced pesticide use ? With these materials, there is no need for harmful substances which are principal causes of water pollution. These products also reduce air pollution, since there is no need for push mowers.
- A good investment ? Since maintenance costs are much cheaper than with natural grass, artificial turf field pays for itself over 3-4 years!
- A reliable play field all year-round ? It is hard to maintain and prepare natural turf in very cold or very hot climates. After the cold months, natural grass needs extensive maintenance and re-leveling, while high temperatures during summer might cause water shortages. Artificial options eliminate these problems, and they remain uniform and consistent season after season.
- A resilient option ? Natural grass should not be used more than 680 – 670 hours per year, while synthetic turf can be utilized approximately 3,000 hours per year.
- The importance of safety ? Studies have shown that the risk of injury is no different on high-quality artificial turf than on natural grass. Some of the most reliable brands have been tested against natural grass for player safety and performance.
Enhance the appearance of your commercial property or home by calling one of the locations below.